The goal of freshman orientation is to help you make a seamless transition to college life and provide you with valuable information. We also want you to connect with other students, faculty, and staff, and get some of the adminis-trivia out of the way (including ID card pictures), and finalizing your schedule with an academic advisor.
- 8:00 am to 8:30 am – Arrive on campus and check-in
- 8:00 am to 8:30 – Orientation Leaders take students and family members on tour of campus and ID card pictures taken
- 9:30 am – Welcome to DSU session
- 10:00 am – Advising 101 (Group 1), Faculty Expectations & Transitions(Group 2)
- 11:00 am – Advising 101 (Group 2), Faculty Expectations & Transitions (Group 1)
- 12:00 pm – Lunch!
- 1:00 pm – Parent sessions (finances, student transitions, health & safety, etc)
- 1:00 pm – Student sessions (Student panel, Hitting the ground running)
- 2:00 pm – Parent session continues
- 2:00 pm – Students meet with their advisors and finalize class schedules.
- 3:00 pm – 3:30 pm – Opportunity to meet academic departments, student government (clubs and organizations), and student services representatives. Have all of your questions answered!
Scheduled Orientation Dates
Orientations will close as capacity is reached. You will see available session dates as you register for Freshman Orientation.
May 21st – Washington County Students
June 3rd – Washington County Students
June 6th – Monday
June 10th – Friday
June 13th – Monday
June 17th – Friday
June 20th – Monday
June 24th – Friday
June 27th – Monday
July 15th – Friday
July 29th – Friday
August 18th – Thursday – Preference given to out-of-state students living more than 400 miles away
August 19th – Friday – (8am to noon), Preference given to out-of-state students living more than 400 miles away.