For more than 100 years, Dixie State University’s 100-foot tall by 75-foot wide “D” on the black hill has represented far more than just a large initial on a ridge. Born from a rivalry among the classes of 1913, 1914 and 1915, this historic symbol stands for unity, unwavering pride in the university and the promise of our growth as a community well into the future.
And now, it also will provide a colorful way to alert the Dixie community about key DSU happenings and special occasions. That’s because Dixie State University’s historic “D” just got a makeover. University leaders wanted to add a little color to this important community fixture, so the century-old “D” now has a new lighting system fully equipped with a variety of color-changing options.
“D” lights will change for the special occasions well known and celebrated by the community and will also match with the University Clock Tower lighting.